Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When life gives you lemons.............

.......shove them in your ears so you can't hear my daughter screaming. Good Lord. She woke up(and subsequently woke ALL of us up) at 12:30am. Yep that's what time MY day started today. Jealous yet? She makes this....noise........it's very hard to describe but if it's not THE most annoying noise in the world, it's a close second. Well, she woke up at 12:30 making this noise which of course woke up her brothers(unavoidable with the whole shared room thing-----WHAT WERE WE THINKING?!?!?!) I attempted to calm her down, but when she gets in this mood, she refuses to answer questions like, "what's wrong?" or "are you hurt?". I held her. She chilled out for a bit. Long enough at least for me to calm her baby brother with a bottle and climb back into my own bed and almost fall asleep. Then she started up again. Waking the boys, again. I tried letting it go a bit, probably out of pure laziness if I'm being honest with myself, but you see the girl is more stubborn than me and my husband combined. I do wonder sometimes why we decided to procreate. We might be the two most thick headed people on the planet!? Deductive reasoning would dictate that at least ONE of our kids would be like us....or worse. Ugh. So "the noise" which escalates into screaming eventually, continued for 3 hours. Did I mention she was stubborn? Yeah. I brought her in our bed. That was fun. I was trying to give the boys a little break from the noise, but the whole 3 feet across the hall didn't offer the silence I'd hoped. She threw an all out fit here. Kicking. Screaming. Making "the noise" even louder. Oy vey. After trying about 32 different tactics, The Hubbs finally scooped her up around 3am and brought her to our spare bedroom/playroom downstairs. Where her shrieking managed to wake up the baby one more time from an entirely different level of the house. Impressive. I felt bad for The Hubbs. But, I'm pretty sure he could feel me shaking from rage and lack of sleep and even though he had to work in the morning, he sacrificed a little discomfort for an ounce(or the hope that an ounce would regrow itself during R.E.M) of sanity for me. Today is one of those days that I'd give my left arm up to go to WORK even though I'd be dead on my feet. So I don't feel too bad for him. Staying home with 3 exhausted kids, 2 that are sick(the boys......so they have man-colds like their Daddy), and one very sleep deprived Mommy does not make a wonderful combination. It's not even 10am here. Things are going alright, all things considered. But I threw a movie in to occupy the kids. The creative side of my brain needs sleep. Imagine THAT?! So I'm having trouble coming up with any other constructive ways to occupy them. This will have to do for now. Lest the screaming or "the noise" begin again.
I have planned a few things for later like, snack time and afternoon lockdown.
I personally can't wait for either!
I'm thinking during the latter, I might even snort a pot of coffee down my gullet in record time.
Call Guinness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment