Friday, March 11, 2011

House For Sale/Rent **Indoor Pool**

Good LORD it's been raining like I can't even believe here! After a fun day out with the minis and my Mother In Law yesterday, I realized we should have stopped at Home Depot in our travels for some wood to start building an ark! All the surrounding areas have major flooding. Some of the highways are even closed.
(I'll work backwards today....something different)
I am drinking my coffee, blogging, listening to the minis play and the humming sound of the wet-vac going in the basement/indoor pool where The Hubbs is working on sucking up all the water that flooded in yesterday. I knew this was imminent after taking a look-see outside around 12:30am right before going to bed. After a couple of beers, and staying up WAY past my bedtime, I couldn't quite figure out why my backyard was swaying? I didn't drink THAT much. So I turned the outside lights on to reveal that about 5 inches of water was just pooling in our yard and it was still raining. Hmmmmm.......and I wonder why I had to drag the dogs out to do their business?! Maybe they don't like the splashback? Either way, I did peek in the basement just to make sure that nothing of major importance was on the floor(because obviously that's where we put the important things!) and as soon as I opened the door, I could see the water at the bottom of the stairs. Yikes. Good thing I've been in anti-hoarder mode lately! Just yesterday I had about 10 large black garbage bags filled with crapola that no one uses, hauled away by the garbage men. Most of it from the basement floor! It REALLY would have sucked having to throw it all out when it was sopping wet. So yay for me!
The reason I was up so late was because I spent 7 hours OUT of the house with the minis! Yes, my wonderful Mother In Law was with us, and Yes we had a great day! (It's always an adventure when we get together!) However....holy exhausting Batman. It's one thing to be with the kids all day in their own environment. But a whole 'nother ball game when you're out and about with them. I now know why they exist and completely CONDONE the use of those "kid leashes". Especially when your outnumbered. And I'll say this, my kids are pretty good! They have manners and overall listen pretty well. So I can't even imagine it they didn't. Well......I just wouldn't leave the house with them I guess? But after a couple of hours in a store with them, I was ready to go straight to bed. My eldest has been begging to go to Grandma's lately, so after running around Ikea, my Mother In Law and I basically pretended we were in Sweden for the afternoon....meatballs and chocolate and lingdonberry sauce and giant blonde baby(Child 3).....we dropped Girl Scout cookies off to both my brothers-in-law and headed to her house to waste the evening away. Unfortunately, I forgot to stop at the liquor store first. Because as we pulled up to her house the debauchery began. The two littlest minis were fast asleep in their carseats. My Mom In Law got out first in the torrential downpour to run up and unlock the door. Child 1 unbuckled his seatbelt and was coming to the front of the van to follow Grandma, when the baby woke up coughing, followed quickly by puking, then puking again, and once more for good measure. That's his super power you see, when he's sick...and mucusy(I know that's not a real word)he coughs, and pukes. Awesome! I'm looking at the huge, wet pile of swedish meatballs and animal crackers wondering why I didn't just go home. I tell Child 1 "tell Grandma the baby puked, I'll be in in a few minutes" and help him out of the van to go into the house. Believe it or not, this puking event is not even the icing on the cake yet! The evening slowly(ok, not so slowly) degenerated from there. I mopped up Child 3 as best as possible and carried him into the house where he was quickly bathed by Grandma! Whew! Did I have spare clothes? Negatory. You'd think since he's my THIRD CHILD, I would have learned by now. What can I say? I'm slow I guess. I did manage to find a hoodie floating(not literally) in the van that fit him so he walked around Grandma's house in that and a diaper for the remainder of our visit. While he was getting cleaned up, I woke up Child 2 from her lovely little car nap and carried her and our 18 bags of child crap(not one of which had a clean outfit for my "little" man)into the house. I'm immediately nervous for the resident cats. My kids were raised with 2 Rottweiller mutts who are pretty resilient, and ridable! They love animals and are quite convinced that all animals should love them back. Including these poor Ragdolls that they stalk the whole time we're there. I'm pretty sure the cats don't love them back. They're beautiful, long haired cats that were raised in a home that no children live in(lucky). And even though kids are in and out of the house all the time, the cats have a safe haven(the bedroom) where they can retreat to when danger aka KIDS arrive! Did I mention their long flowy locks? Did I mention I'm allergic to cats? LOL Now in my past, I've only really had a problem if I touched a cat and then my face. However, when you have 3 little ankle biters rolling around on the floor like friggin lint brushes and then jumping on your face....you are destined to have at least one cat hair fly up into your sinuses. It did.....along with many of it's friends I'm sure. Because I almost gave myself a hernia and almost pee'd myself from sneezing. Let me mention here, that this is a very touchy subject with my Mom In Law. She feels personally responsible for my allergies. This kind of cracks me up a little. And had we been spending the entire day there, I probably would have popped a Claritin or something, but I usually don't expect to be in that rough of shape after only a couple of hours! Anyway, it was funny to watch her cringe every time I sneezed. Which was a LOT! I even made her turn to wine!! At one point I'm pretty sure she was going to recommend that I snort some just to kill the allergens in my sinuses, but she resisted the urge. The only reason I mention the allergy issue, is because it added insult to injury when it came to managing the minis. Every time I went to speak/yell/chase them, I had to sneeze....leading to me having to cross my legs so I didn't wet my pants....then snot would be flying out of my nose while I was trying to discipline them, which in turn, led to them laughing at me instead of running in fear. Ugh. It's very hard to be effective when you're near wetting your pants and your nose is dripping. So there's a little FYI for ya! Grandma insisted on feeding them since I'm pretty sure she could see I was close to waving the white flag for the day. The entire time before dinner was served, my older two were wreaking havoc similar to the prior week's events and Child 3 was in every drawer, cabinet, nook, cranny, and other place that a one year old shouldn't be. So I had to police the entire house from his little exploratory digits while attempting(and failing miserably)at handling the others. Eventually I just sat on the stoop by the kitchen. This is about the time that the water was put on the stove to boil. My Mother In Law is very perceptive! So the kids were fed. They were ornery at the table. And I finally decided we'd tortured poor Grandma enough for the day, it was time to pack up. I wisely decided to get the older two out first with all our bags then come back for the baby. It was raining after all. No need to try to get all three out in one shot. I handed Child 1 his raincoat, and while Grandma was helping Child 2 with hers, she noticed a not-so-pleasant smell wafting up. Did I mention I couldn't smell at this point? So I went to change her before loading them into the van and she protested saying "I want Grandma to change me!". I'm SO sure Grandma really wanted that task, but like the wonderful person she is, she said "of course I'll change your diaper!" and went about her business. You didn't think this would be without event did you? Once all wiped and a new diaper was almost on her tiny hiney....Child 2 says "I peed". So I'm thinking she pee'd on the floor or something. We go to check and sure enough, it's not PEE. It's remnants of the OTHER stuff that was just removed. And it's on the rug....and on the outside of the fresh new diaper....and on the back of her hand. EW! So now I'm cleaning the rug, while she's cleaning her hand and we're both trying to put humpty dumpty back together again. I throw Child 2's raincoat on and start heading out the door to put them in the van when we realize the baby is nowhere in sight. No big deal. How much trouble could he possibly get into? That's when I heard the shriek from my Mother In Law and the splashing which was Child 3 having a blast "fishing" in the toilet. Of course! Van loaded, tires squealing away. Phew! At least ONE of us will have a little peace and quiet. Child 2 sang the entire ride home. I didn't expect The Hubbs to be home when I got there, what a pleasant surprise! I felt the weight come off my shoulders when I saw his truck at the house. It was only a matter of time that they'd all be in their beds sleeping. Whew! I couldn't even text my Mother In Law thanking her for a fun day....which I did have...it was the night that turned to poop(literally). I just barely had the energy to pop the top off my beer and pour it into a glass before crashing on the couch for the night. Thank God for tiny bursts of energy throughout the evening to refill my glass. Because The Hubbs fell asleep on the other couch pretty early. I had to fend for myself!
Cheers to a dry weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment