Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Today's Chuckle

Well since my night didn't end up so great, and I was awoken by the shrieks of Child 2 on this lovely morning, I have made the decision to stay in my jammies all day. Not that it makes me feel better by any means. But it's kind of my "flipping off the world today" attitude. And much more conducive than walking around with my middle finger waving in the air all day. My hair is a mess, no make up. Big comfy brown slippers. Blue and green floral pj bottoms, a very old green T-shirt, and an even older....too small....green robe. I know I sound incredibly color coordinated, right?! Wrong. All the greens are off a bit. Enough to almost make you want to have a seizure when you look directly at me. At least that was the look on the face of our PSE&G guy that gently tapped on our front window this morning to read our meter. Poor guy. He's really nice too. I was kind enough to spare him the obstacle course that is my living room and basement. I ran (ok,kind of slipped) down the basement stairs to get the reading off the meter to tell it to him. When I opened the front door, he looked like he wanted to ask if everything was alright, but instead averted his eyes to his keypad thingy and mumbled "have a nice day" when he walked briskly away from the house. Funny thing is, it's usually the two very large barking dogs that scare him once a month! So I'm feeling mildly powerful right now! And thinking of hiding in the bushes for the mailman later just to make me giggle again :)
Bonus?!
I took the time this morning to put a bra on before venturing downstairs. Otherwise I'd imagine that poor meter man would be handing in his resignation this afternoon. Goes to show you a bad day for me can turn into a lucky day for someone else!
:)

3 comments:

  1. oh i love you. hope tonight is better! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry (that I laughed). No really, I'm sorry. I think we are all beyond ready for spring- so that we can toss our wee ones into the backyard and wathc them play while we grill and drink beer in the sunshine.

    Wait, I did that yesterday.

    When the fuck are you moving to Colorado?

    On a brighter note- I LOVE your new page design. Cupcakes AND gnomes?!?!?! This is why we are such great friends.

    I hope that your day gets better! Call me! (or text)

    ReplyDelete