Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tick Tock Tick Tock

Ok...so I don't actually hear a clock ticking, it's more like the theme song to Jeopardy. We have yet to hear from this company about the job. Ugh. I KNEW this would happen. They are less than expedient about getting back to people. But come ON!!!! Don't they understand that our lives have been on hold for soooooooooooo long and this one phone call could throw us into action?! No, I suppose they don't. But still! A little common courtesy of timelyness shouldn't be so much to ask for.
Instead, The Hubbs is wearing a path deep into the living room carpet and now the hardwood floors with his pacing. And I think I'm developing a blister from "refreshing" our Inbox to see if there's a new email waiting for us. Because they're going to email him?! That's ridiculous, I know. But when powerless, it's all I can come up with!
Every time one of his phones(yes, he has two cell phones) ring, my heart skips a little beat. It even did it when MY phone rang yesterday. Because again, if they don't email him with an offer.....clearly they'll just call ME directly?!
Good thing I don't have my hopes up high or anything. Cuz that would really suck!
In other news, The Hubbs hemmed and hawed yesterday until he finally up and did our taxes. I am 100% not capable of such things. So I give him a shit-ton(heh heh) of credit! He seriously sits down, starts them, and finishes them less than 2 hours later! I don't understand? I swear I used to witness my folks sitting down to do their taxes with a tax guy(this is why I don't touch our finances...."tax guy"?!) for days. Maybe even a week! I remember not being able to go into the kitchen for said days or week because of the 5' tall stacks of paper, ie: receipts, bills, other crap that was important. Thinking back, I don't know if we were even fed during tax season? Oh well. Anyway, ours are done! WHEW! One less thing to pace about....if pacing happens to be your thing ;)
We are also in the process of getting a new vehicle for the crew. The Raging Rhino is just too ginormous for this tiny family of 5 plus 2 dogs. Ok, it's really not that bad, but it gets about 2 miles to the gallon. And with gas prices closing in on $4 a gallon, we'll be able to afford maybe a really big box to house us all if we keep this giant van. Option........mini van. Oh how I loathe those 2 words together! I guess I've always had it in my head that I was too cool for a mini van. I'd rather a diesel pick up with an extended cab. But that's just me I guess. And we'd both have to work, and at least one of the kids too, to afford the gas for that. So mini van, here we come!!!
I'll be sure to update as soon as we hear from The Company. Which better be today, or I'm going to have to tap into our savings for some new area rugs!
Is that my phone?????
Gotta run

No comments:

Post a Comment