Monday, February 28, 2011

Dinner time aka......please shoot me

So I just picked myself up from the dinner table and abandoned The Hubbs with all 3 minis.
Why? Child 1 pisses and moans about every bite he has to take AND has to be reminded to chew when something finally finds it's way into his mouth. Child 3 is on a screaming tear. I don't have a clue what his issue is, I can only guess that he's going to be an early talker because he seems to be screaming in frustration of not being able to communicate. Until then, he screams. My dear friend Johi will be quite familiar with this baby behavior. And while my blood pressure rises and rises and threatens to make my head actually pop right off, Child 2 hums or sings the entire time we are at the table. It. Is. Infuriating.
I hate to be THAT person. You know...the one that gives up and just holds her shaking head in her hands. But I'm only human! And tonight was ROUGH. Side note: While I was cooking dinner Child 3 sat directly under my feet the entire time screaming and slamming cabinets and Child 1 asked me 4,127 questions. Luckily I was down a child since The Hubbs took Little Miss Thang to The Depot. Woot Woot! And it was beautifully warm out this evening so I opened the door to the deck and let some fresh air in. Hubbs came home and I sicked the boys on him and ran to the grill for some SERENITY. I'm sorry........does anyone else think I sound like a man after reading this?! LOL I find peace in grilling, manual labor, fresh air combined with peace and quiet, and cold beer. Um........has anyone seen my testes?

3 comments:

  1. Grab yer gun and lets go stomp through the woods and look fer things to shoot!
    Better yet, let's take up "golf".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went to "like" your comment. Obviously I spend a wee bit too much time on Facebook! LOL
    FYI-prior to kids, The Hubbs and I used to play golf. A LOT! One of the many ways we are an amazingly super fun and exciting couple. LMAO
    I actually played a round when I was 8 months preggers with Child 1. Didn't do so great though....the bump got in the way. :)

    ReplyDelete