Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Yikes

Well it was borderline tornado weather here today. So always looking for an adventure........I packed up the kids and headed to Target. WOO HOO! It was a white knuckle adventure driving the Mystery Machine over the bridge portion of 287.For any non NJins, there's actually a sign that states "bridge subject to high winds". And it was gale force out there today!! Such a rush. I even let my "no screaming in the van" rule slide. 
The minis were actually on their best behavior in the store(weird). And all managed to get a special treat while sitting relatively quietly in the cart. After picking up the shaky dog's anti seizure meds, we headed to the candy aisle to get Mommy her fix and potty treats(not for Mommy....ok, well sometimes) in the form of M&Ms. This however almost started a riot in the shopping cart. Amazing what a 5 pound bag of chocolate can do?! Under the cart it went for safe keeping.
Milk...check. Dog cheese(for the shaky dog's pills)....check. Browse through the Christmas decorations, HOLY CRAP that's coming up already?!.....check. And to the checkout with three smiling minis I go. A rather uneventful trip concluded with a wonderfully cheerful cashier. This is where Child 1 makes me turn very red and want to run into the elevator and never come out. The cashier was very friendly with the kids and complimented Child 1's unloading of the cart onto the belt and even managed to make the little Pixie giggle too all while smiling and waving at chubby Child 3! Child 1 then blurts out as I'm swiping my debit card "why is that guy smiling and talking to us?" I realize this sounds innocent unless you were standing in my shoes. The cashier in fact was a female. Albeit, sporting a mullet, no makeup, and a bit of chin hair..........but female none the less. And she was embarrassed! Which made me want to now SPRINT(as if I could) to the elevator, kids or no kids. So I played it off like I heard no gender confusing remark and thanked her and walked briskly to the giant metal box that was my escape. Whew. Yep.........you know that damned alarm went off right? I kid you not. But the poor cashier waved me on. Clearly her spirit was broken and she didn't even care if we were shoplifting. Which, much to my surprise, we didn't steal a thing this trip! 
I even managed to have all three kids nap at the same time for a whopping 4 1/2 minutes! 
All in all........very successful day! 



4 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud! Too funny! I also want you to know that I just finished writing tomorrow's post and already had written my "checks". You'll see tomorrow. We think the same- which is clearly why we are friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you are freaking hilarious! I can't wait until my child embarasses me in public!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Jo...........can't wait to read your checks :) You make me LOL daily!

    Cort....that sweet little Chase will NEVER! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Erin, I love you! that was hysterical (from my shoes) and understandably mortifying, from your shoes. hysterical! i needed the laugh, thanks!

    ReplyDelete