Wednesday, November 10, 2010

As Luck Would Have It.................

Yep.....I may be in over my head.
After a remarkably quick bounce-back after having my third child, I was ready to get back into the real world WAY quicker than I was with either of my other 2 kids! I have a grip on reality. My brain is fairly stable....none of that foggy "baby brain" going on. And I strive to be a contributing member of society once again. Even if it's with kids in tow! And Lord knows we need the moula! So I've been making a real effort with my real estate agency to make all the meetings(aside from the one I missed tonight) and get all my training in and show houses and put in my floor time and all that jazz. Just when I think "I can do this", the cupcake side job BOOMS. Unbeknown to me, a "SHIT TON"(thank you Johi) of people absolutely adore custom edible creations and are willing to pay good money for them! Sweet! Pun totally intended!
As I blog now, I'm emailing back and forth with a woman who picked up my card at the Birthday party that I made the puppy cupcakes for and she wants me to make the cake for her daughter's Sweet 16 party in February! I deal in cupcakes.......but in this economy.....who the hell am I to say NO?!?!?! A custom cake for 50-60 people? YOU GOT IT! And for this Saturday I have an order for 3 dozen Disney Princess cupcakes for a friend of a friend. Both paying jobs(that's to say that I'm not charging them the "family & friend" discount which is to pay for ingredients/special supplies only).
So. Real estate. Yep........may have to be put on the back burner for the time being. I hate to sound totally uninterested, because I'm not. But why devote so much time to something I like, when something I LOVE is smacking me in the face asking me for all it's attention AND wants to pay me for it too?
For now, I get to be one of the lucky ones who can feed their creative side a bit. Not just the practical, bill paying side. (That side's no fun anyway although it looks like she may benefit a little from this endeavor too!)


On a side note, we hosted our "November Birthdays" party at our house this past Saturday. Both myself and The Hubbs have birthdays this month along with 5 other adults in the family! It's a snooty falooty wine and cheese get together where everyone brings a bottle of their favorite wine so we can all try something different! I not-so-secretly look forward to this adults only party all year long! This year I had to present some cupcakes of course....and they were of the adult variety :) Chocolate cupcakes with Bailey's infused buttercream icing with shaved dark chocolate on top! And chocolate cupcakes with chipotle chocolate frosting topped with handmade red chili peppers made out of melted white chocolate(tinted red of course). They were AWESOME! And very sophisticated looking and tasting! Pictures will be coming eventually, my camera is MIA at the moment. But my husband assures me that despite his inebriated state on Saturday, he took some good pics for me :) We shall see. I'll post whatever he did take on here for kicks anyway! LOL And so it doesn't sound like I'm bashing my husband...........MOST of us were at least slightly inebriated that evening! And it was a great night :)

2 comments:

  1. When you said "adult" my mind went to body parts, not liquor. What is wrong with me? And on that note, body parts would look fantastic on cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...........I'll be sure to post pics if...nah.....WHEN I make those!

    ReplyDelete