Friday, November 19, 2010

Good Morning Vietnam!

At least that's what my living room now looks like after the minis had their way with it! I had grandiose plans of picking up around the house today which has been severely halted by me walking in circles all morning. I guess the biggest issue I have with this is that I'm completely floored at the end of the day when I haven't accomplished a thing but my legs are sore. You'd think I'd learn. Although today I managed to truck 742 lbs of laundry from our bedrooms down to the basement and actually started the wash. It was shortly after that I decided to kick Child 1 and 2 outside for fear of their screaming waking up the napping chub-a-lub. I then stepped over the piles of toys all over the room, reheated my coffee for the twelfth time this morning, and sat down to write about my fascinating day so far :)

The Hubbs returned at 11:15 last night and was off again around 8:30 this morning. Before he left, while the kids were not eating the breakfast I made them, I finally broke down and told him that I'm pretty certain I'd lost the camera. Ugh. I searched high and low. Under piles of toys and clothes. Under the couch cushions. Inside the van. In plastic bags that have miscellaneous crap in them. All to no avail. The guilt that I'm feeling is heavy because I know money is tight right now, but I can't possibly go through the upcoming holidays without a camera. Especially when it's Child 3's first Christmas!!  I'm near tears when a very smug looking man standing before me says "did you look on the shelf right over the computer? Where we normally keep it?" And hands me the camera.

Wise ass.

You KNOW I ran around after he left taking shots of all sorts of stuff I've been wanting to post on the blog, right?! I managed to trap the big kids in a home made containment unit for a while so I could go take pictures, while the little guy followed me around. It was great. There have been so many times over the past week+ that I've been dying to have my camera! Too bad it fell inside the wall where I'd never think to look for it?! Unbelievable. And I'm responsible for 3 kids? Yikes.

So I go to find the USB cord to upload my pics and guess what? Yep. Can't find it. Now I happen to know there are gremlins living in this house that move things all the time. I birthed them after all. But I can't help but just stare in front of me looking at the shelf over the computer waiting for it to start waving or something. Smoke signals maybe?  If I need to ask the Hubbs to help me find it, we're gonna have an issue. I was not born with the personality make-up to be able to ask for help. Ask anyone who knows me :) And I might just smack those pursed lips right off his face if he says "it's right here dear". You can see my dilemma.

I'll describe by beautiful pics that document my morning instead:

1) I couldn't resist....Child 3 woke up with his fuzzy blonde locks sticking straight up in the air, but only on the sides! The middle was flat. FLOCK OF SEAGULLS ANYONE?!?!?! Awesome.

2)The aforementioned containment unit for the big kids. aka...couches pushed together. This only lasted about 15 minutes before they almost cracked their skulls together, of course.

3)The hole in one of the sticks of butter that were coming to room temperature on my counter so I could bake cookies. It's strangely shaped like a dog's giant toenail? And the second stick is missing? Hmmmmm

4) greasy dog toenail

5) guilty looking dog

6) since the deck is stained, I have a new mini project to try to accomplish while juggling 3 minis on my head! Part of the aluminum wrap(I think that's what it's called?) on our garage was partially blown off by the crazy wind we had the other day. So I need to get the ladder and nail it back in place. I'd like to do this before any more windy weather rolls in and takes it off completely. SO...I should probably take care of this myself. Picture is of the piece of metal hanging off the garage. OH and the huge yellow jacket's nest that was hiding under it. Always an adventure!

7)the big jar of M&M's aka potty treats, from Target the other day. The very same jar that I steal a few out of every single time I walk past. WHAT?!?!?! I use the potty too!

8) my cracked lens on my cell phone which is why I really couldn't post any pics on here! Had no clue that happened till I went to take a picture yesterday. Gremlins? Or the crushing capacity of my arse when it was in my back pocket? We'll never know.

9) Deuce/Sammy 2. In her very big, very manly fish tank with the army guy and tank! In the picture you can actually see the pile of eggs she's laid on the top of the water. Whatever....she's breathing so I'm happy.

10)Child 1 & 2 raking the leaves in the backyard. Right off of the branches they were hanging from. LOL


My new mission today...........find that CORD! Cleaning can wait. (funny how I can always find an excuse)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I catch Smelly cat eating butter off the counter more than I would like to admit. I think you should still post the pics when you find the cord! Hey- come and fix our garage while you are at it....

    ReplyDelete