Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rainy Day

It's raining. It's a little chilly outside. I've been getting sleepier every second since my eyes opened this morning. And I have three little people wanting me to constantly entertain them. After sucking down 3/4 of the coffee in the pot today, I still have no wild and crazy ideas to keep the minis outside of my 3 feet of personal space? I've tried movies, and they feel the need to update me every time the scene changes. I've tried coloring, but one likes to just peel the crayons and eat them, while the other will only color one picture(for Daddy.......cuz only Daddy gets pictures) before needing another source of fun! Child 3 is amazingly entertained ALL day by spitting up on himself and having explosive poops that shoot out of the top of his diaper. Where this would piss me off if I were him, he's totally content as long as I don't turn my back on him. EVER. 
And yet, despite all this excitement around me, I'm dreadfully bored. The Hubbs and I were supposed to have a movie night last night. I sent him inappropriate text messages telling him to rent a movie on his way home and we could have some "nekkid" couch time while sharing a giant bottle of wine. He took the bait! But after a long day at work, and watching me bathe all the kids and get them in bed, he managed to pass out on the living room floor by 8:30pm! Normally, I'd be very disappointed, but last night I was just happy for a quiet night to myself. I certainly don't have any trouble drinking alone. So I popped the cork and relaxed in front of the computer for a couple of hours after taking a scalding hot shower. Heaven. 
Having woken up with no hangover, I attempted to clean today. I loathe cleaning. And am really no good at it. I'm ok with that. I can totally admit when I'm not good at something. I just wish the people around me would DO something about it other than complain. Like....HIRE SOMEONE. Subtle hint there. Anyway, while lifting the couch cushions to find all the buried treasure my kids leave me,( ie raisins, small choking hazard toys, pennies(never anything worth more than a cent), and socks LOT AND LOTS of SOCKS?!) I rearranged the furniture in the living room. You see, I married the smartest man in the world. He knows everything. Ok, really....he is super intelligent....BUT according to him there was only one way to arrange the couch and sofa in the room. The way that makes complete and utter sense. An irrational thought has never passed through his giant head brain. Now I, on the other hand, like to take some chances in life! Put the chair caddy corner just because we CAN, instead of having it perfectly aligned with the wall. I'm a live-on-the-edge kinda gal. Clearly! And damn skippy that's exactly what I did this afternoon. The sofa is absolutely not where he left it. We'll just see who can fall asleep in this non congruent living room tonight! 
Muah ha ha!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment