Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Brand New Day

Isn't it amazing what a decent night's sleep and a little break can do for one's outlook?! I passed out....like snoring and drooling OUT...at 10pm last night. This is unheard of for me. So apparently I needed it. I was SO unconscious that The Hubbs had to get up with our daughter in the middle of the night because she was yelling. She does this when she wakes up in the middle of the night because it pisses her off that she woke up. So she makes this awful yelling/pushing noise that makes the veins in her neck stick out. Lovely. And all we have to do is walk in her room and lay her pretty little 2 year old head back on her pillow and she falls back asleep. This doesn't take a lot of energy on our part. And SOMEHOW The Hubbs heard her before I did and went in there. This. Is. Monumental. He hasn't gone in the kids' room without being asked to since...since....before we had kids?!  Awesome! Obviously a great day was in the making. The minis awoke, and our day started. Business as usual. Not all pleasantness. Fat Bastard shat or puked (unfortunately none of us could tell WHICH) on the friggin rug again. But other than that, things were looking up! It was snowing, so The Hubbs decided to go into work a little later today. And then these magical words flew like glitter covered rainbows from his lips "why don't you run out to Target for a bit while I stay here with the kids?" What? WHAT?! OKAY!!!! Snow be damned. I hopped in the shower which was nice and hot for once. Proceeded to have an entirely uninterrupted shower(weird...usually at LEAST one person pops their head in the bathroom to "see what I'm doing"). And booked out of the house lightning fast before The Hubbs could change his mind.
I realized after I returned home that I never even turned the radio on!!! I just sat back and enjoyed the silence :)
Isn't it sad that this is my guilty pleasure these days? HAHA Who cares. I'm in a good mood!
So I headed to Target to pick up Fat Bastard's anti seizure meds. Unfortunately they don't carry anti puke/shit on the rug meds. But whatever. And I strolled aisle to aisle mindlessly picking up items I knew we needed. Rug Cleaner> CHECK. Milk(of course....everywhere I stop I pick up milk....I may just buck up and buy a cow this Spring)> CHECK. Laundry Detergent> CHECK. Mini Toothpaste> CHECK. And of course some other stuff too. If you really care to hear my entire shopping list, message me. LOL
My gentle stroll through Target ended at the checkout which was virtually empty and I let a woman with her little girl go ahead of me. When she thanked me I chuckled "no problem....I'm out without the kids....in NO rush" and quickly reminded myself of my father! Yikes!
The drive home was uneventful but Quiet. Peaceful even.
And when I got home the minis greeted me like I'd been away for months! The Hubbs needed to go to work, so I prepared lunch(newly purchased mac n cheese) and he left for the. While it's a "tad" louder in here than it was in the car....I'll take it. The minis are being good and playing relatively nicely together. At least one of them(the baby) has a nap in his near future. And I'm accomplishing things other than just blogging today.
Fun quote of the day: Child 1 comes up to me after The Hubbs leaves for work and says "Mommy, we should have 10 more babies! So you should go eat 10 eggs for lunch and when they're in your belly, turn them into babies!"
And this is how my children will explain the "act" of procreation for years to come if I can help it. Who needs a stork when they come up with this very intelligent explanation all on their own?!
PS
I threw out all the eggs. Just in case.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment